I use Mailchimp to handle my email list. They’re an awesome company who’s free level is (hopefully just currently) actually more than I need. If my mailing list ever grows to the level where they want payment I’ll be happy to send them my moneys. They make much of the task of running a mailing list very simple.
Except remote editing your newsletter. In fact, lately their web app has been misbehaving on my netbook. The netbook is my one remaining “large” computer and I don’t haul it around much since I got the tablet. The elderly Mac doesn’t count as it doesn’t connect to the internet. And since Mailchimp’s android app has never worked, you can see how that’s slowing down my whole “do all the music biz stuff on the tablet” plan.
So you imagine what a whale oil beef hooked moment it was when, in desperation, I tried opening the web app in the browser on my tablet and found that it works there. OK, you have to switch back to the default keyboard (instead of the spiffy one I bought), and the editing window seems to want you to rotate the tablet to landscape and then back to portrait before it settles into a usable size, but it works.
It just seems to me that it shouldn’t be this difficult.
However, this means I have no excuse not to get the next newsletter(s) out on time. And you can hold me to that.