Here’s a continuing series of songsheets, most of them for songs I’ve either written or co-written. All of mine are released under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license, so you have lots of room to play them live, make a video for YouTube or other things like that. The only restrictions are you must credit me, you must release your version(s) under the same license, and if you can’t sell them in any form without contacting me for payment details. (We’ll work out a deal. I’m not a greedy “major label” sort!)
Occasionally there will be a Public Domain song here as well and you can do with it what you want!
If you enjoy these songsheets, please consider dropping a donation into my online tip bucket (it’s in the left column here). Thanks!
These are all .pdf files. Right click on the links and save them to your computer.
All these songsheets are for songs that have been recorded and/or had a video made of them. The blog entries have embedded players so that you can listen and/or watch so you can hear the song first.
Note: some of the blog entries are from very old iterations of my blog and the links may be broken. If you discover a broken link (anywhere on my site), please contact me and let me know!
- Serpentine — More info about the tune here.
- Night Train Waltz — Further details here.
- Too Soon Old — Yep, there’s a blog about it.
- Dr. Hokum & Mr. Jive — Further info on Hokum & Jive.
- Flower of Shanghai — Blog about this song.
- He Might Be A Vampire — Blog (with video!) about this tune.
- Purr More, Hiss Less — Lots of details about Purr More, Hiss Less.
- That’s How Judi — You guessed it! A blog about this song.
- I Like Bourbon — I wrote a blog about this one too.
- Teddy Bears Picnic — this one is for sopranino ukuleles in F tuning. Unlike the others on this list, I didn’t write it, but it’s the Public Domain so we’re all safe from the Copyright Nazis on this one. I blogged about it too, but most of its story is in the songsheet itself.
- Good Golly! (the Porno Popup Song) — A recently finished tune that, despite its title, is quite safe for work. Check out the blog entry to view the video.
- Naughty Monkey — this is for standard C tuning. I blogged about it as part of the Bass Trilogy (which also includes the Porno Popup Song and Dr. Hokum & Mr. Jive… both with songsheets above).
- A Homegrown Song — a reasonably simple tune complete with a video. Haven’t blogged about it yet, but if/when I do I’ll edit this page.
- Jitterbug Blues — an older tune, written by K.W. Todd and I. And it too comes complete with an (older) video. (But the songsheet is fresh as I just recently completed it by request from Baylie.) Hey, a fresher video of this is now up! It’s Hobbit & Hare from our November 23rd, 2012 concert at Couth Buzzard Books.
- Coconut Monkey — inspired by my coconut monkey fez from Fez-O-Rama, this tune concerns the little fella’s propensity for coconut cocktails and features the names of 15 of them in the lyrics. Here’s a video of Hobbit & Hare playing it live in concert!
There are more coming along! Stay tuned…